CYPRESS CREEK BAND
Cypress Creek High School - Orlando, FL
Welcome to the brand new website dedicated to the Cypress Creek High School Band and Color Guard program. This site will include details about our programs, background on our incredible staff, important dates and events, media from past and current seasons, contact information for those who would like to get in touch or volunteer, and a members only page for CCHS band and guard students.
Please take a look around and stick around as we will continue to add content on a regular basis.
BAND CAMP 2021
Band Camp is around the corner! Please see below for important information regarding schedule, forms, materials, and more.
DATES AND TIMES:
Week One - Monday July 19 through Friday July 23, 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Week Two - Monday July 26 through Friday July 30, 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
It is a requirement, starting this year, that every marching band participant gets a physical done by a physician. Forms can be printed or picked up from band directors at the school. Physicals must be completed by July 19th.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Light-colored athletic wear (dark colors soak up the sun)
- Basketball shorts, dry-fit or light cotton shirts
- Sneakers (running shoes)
- Extra pair of socks
- Hat (must cover top of head and cover face)
- Remember: More coverage = less sun exposure!
- 1-2 gallon water jug (this is a must!)
- Pedialyte sport (highly recommended!)
- Small lunch cooler with healthy heart snacks and fruit
- Sunscreen (protect your skin!)
- Valve oil, extra reeds, etc
- Binder with plastic sheet covers (protects music from the elements)
- Shoestring to wear around your neck or waist for your dot book
- Baseball or golf gloves for winds (protects instrument from corrosion)
- Mask and bell cover are required
Do not skip this step! Students must eat 3 meals a day. Dinner will be provided and served at 4:00 PM each day. You may also bring your own. For those who want school lunch, on-campus meals are also available for breakfast (9:00 AM) and lunch (11:45 AM) at Cypress Creek HS. PLEASE EMAIL US WITH ANY SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS OR FOOD ALLERGIES. (Leonardo.Lamos@ocps.net or Michael.Tabone@ocps.net)
Calling all OCPS employees who are band parents! We need your help with the distribution of dinner to our hard-working students. If you are available to volunteer, please contact Lucy (Lead Volunteer) at email@example.com.
We are in need of donations of water and sealed snacks. During football games and competitions, students consume lots of water and snacks before and after performances. We ask that you consider donating one case of water per family.
We will be adhering to the current OCPS protocols set in place. Masks and social distancing will be required. If you want to learn more, please visit the OCPS Health and Safety Guidelines Manual.